Composting is a good way to deal with cattle manure. Cow manure compost is excellent soil amendment, which can improve soil quality. On the one hand, composting cattle manure can reduces manure volume, kill weeds and pathogen, stabilize nutrients and reduce odor. On the other hand, organic cow manure compost is good for soil organic matter and cultivation, water infiltration and soil structure. Therefore, you can adopt composting to covert cattle manure to useful organic fertilizer. However, composting process, related cow manure compost machine and how to produce salable cow dung fertilizer are critical problems. In the following parts, we will introduce them in details.
What’s the process of composting cattle manure?
In order to make high-quality cow manure fertilizer, you should make all the preparations and control fermentation process better. And the following works are necessary.
- Prepare materials for composting: Besides cow manure, you also need to prepare some straw, hay, wood chips or garden waste for adjusting C/N ratio . In terms of cow manure, you should adjust its water content to 55%. Because both too much and too little water content will inhibit fermentation process. Here, you can adopt SEEC solid-liquid separator to remove extra water.
- Regularly turn the mixed manure: You can pile up cow manure and straw together on the ground, or place them in a groove. During composting, microorganisms will decompose organic matters. Meanwhile, the decomposition of organic matters will produce a lot of heat and consume water and oxygen. Therefore, regular stir will make a full fermentation and adjust temperature, water content and oxygen content.
How long will you spend composting cattle manure?
The lengthen of composting period is affect by a lot of factors. And the common factors include ambient temperature, manure volume and the number of fermentation strain. Composting cow manure has higher requirements on temperature. Because suitable temperature will improve the decomposition of organic matters and kill eggs, pathogen and grass seeds. In terms of composting without any equipment, it may cost you six months to get cow dung manure. On the other hand, you can adopt manure composting equipment, which can shorten composting period to 20 days. And this type compost turner is suitable for small or large scale manure composting. In addition, there is aerobic fermentation pot, which can finish composting in 7 to 10 days. It has multiple models, which is available for composting at home and commercial cow dung fertilizer production. With the help of cow manure compost machine, you can get fertilizer in a short time.
Factory prices machine for composting cattle manure quickly
As mentioned above, cow manure compost machine can shorten period of composting cattle manure and improve cow manure compost quality. As a composting equipment supplier, SEEC not only manufactures multiple machines for composting organic waste, but also provide factory prices for customers. There are three types cow manure composting machines for you to make quick composting.
Self Propelled Compost Turner for Composting Cattle Manure
- Model: SEECM-240
- Compost width: 2600 mm
- Compost Height: 800-1200 mm
- Moving Speed: 4.5-5.5 (adjustable)
- Color: Beige and Cyan (can be customized)
- Application: Turning organic waste during composting, so as to shorten composting period
Self propelled compost turner for composting cattle manure
SEEC self propelled turner belongs to windrow composting equipment. That is to say, you need to pile up cow manure by taking form of windrow. When the compost turner moves forward, its stirring apparatus will stir and turn the compost pile evenly. For one thing, it can adjust temperature, water content and oxygen content of cow manure compost heap. For the other thing, exterior cow manure will mix with that in the central part of compost pile. Then the fermentation will become more complete and thorough. In addition, the compost turner adopts four-wheel design, which is easy for operation.
Cow manure composting machine of groove type
Composting cattle manure in a fermentation groove is also an efficient method. Because groove has good insulation effect. Besides, fermentation groove can hold large amount of organic waste. In order to turn the organic waste more efficiently, you can adopt cow manure composting equipment of groove type here. This kind of compost turner can move on the groove. And its stirring shaft and mixing blade will turn the organic waste thoroughly. There is still spray apparatus. If the water content of compost pile is not enough, the spray apparatus will spray water during turning.
Cow Manure Composting Machine of Groove Type
- Model: SEEC-3000
- Main power: 18.5 kw
- Mobile power: 1.5 kw
- Features: High output, turn the organic waste evenly and shorten composting period
- Application: It is suitable for turning various organic waste, such as animal manure, food waste and so on.
Automatic cow manure compost bin
Automatic cow manure compost bin has multiple models, which is available in many situations. Whether you make composting at home, on farm or in organic fertilizer factory, this kind of fermentation pot is suitable. There is control system, which can adjust temperature and oxygen content automatically. There is still stirring apparatus inside the pot, which can turn the organic waste regularly. Deodorization device is the highlight of this fermentation pot, which can help you to get rid of odor during composting. Finally, you can get high-quality cow manure compost in 7 to 10 days.
Automatic Cow Manure Compost Bin
- Model: SEECFJG-5
- Heating Power: 24 kw
- Stirring Power: 7.5 kw
- Stirring Speed: 3 (r/min)
- Overall Size (mm): 2200*2200*5300 (ranges from 3-100 cubic meters)
Why cow manure compost is better than the raw cattle manure?
As we all know, cow manure has many nutrient elements, such as nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Moreover, it is still rich in organic matters and micro elements. However, fresh cow manure may contain dangerous bacteria, grass or weed seeds and pathogen. And the direct use of it may pollute air and hurt roots of plants, due to odor and secondary fermentation. But the cow manure compost has completely different features.
- After composting, the volume and mass of cow manure compost will decrease. The odor will disappear. And the structure of cow manure will become looser, which is convenient for application.
- Composting can make nutrients in cow manure become more stable and more similar to the soil humus.
- Composting cattle manure can kill weed seeds, pathogen and eggs by heat produced in composting.
What is composted cow manure good for?
Composted cow manure is a kind of high-quality organic fertilizer. It is rich in nutrient substances which can be absorbed by plants directly. As excellent soil amendment, composted cow manure can be mixed with soil to provide nutrients or used as top dressing. You can use it for garden, plants, grass and vegetable garden.
How to make commercial cow dung compost manufacturing project?
If you want to produce salable or commercial cow dung compost, you should make a manufacturing project. In order to save cost and produce high-quality cow manure compost, you should consider the following aspects.
- Estimate cow manure output every month. Because the fermentation period of cow manure is about one month. By assessing monthly manure output, you can accumulate site space and capacity of composting equipment for composting cattle manure.
- Your budget on making commercial cow dung compost. The budget will directly affect the selection of composting equipment.
- The final form of cow manure compost. If you want to sell cow manure compost to far places, you may need to package it by fertilizer bagging machine. Because bagged cow manure compost is more convenient for transportation. In addition , you can also deeply process cow dung compost like granulating and drying.